White as in last pictures. Malbec Red no longer available.
The Curve D3 fits into your life as smoothly as it rides in the day, or slips under your stairs at night. This Custom Electric Curve D3 with a new mid crank drive motor delivers the most power that you will ever get out of a legal 250W system. This of course is because crank drive systems use the gears that are available on the bike. In this case we have aimed at simplicity and gone for Sturmey Archer SRF3 hub gear. We have also added a left hand finger throttle not normally seen on crank drive systems and certainly not on any production folding e-bike with crank drive that we know of. (In fact you'll be hard pushed to even find a crankdrive folding bike of any description)
Put the bike in 1st gear and the motor via the throttle is able to take you up quite steep hills without even pedalling, though normally in order to preserve battery life we would expect customers to use it as an assisted bike rather than an 'electric scooter'.
This is a compact, very quiet (much quieter than geared hub motors) folding e-bike with amazing hill climbing capabilities. A great bike to ride and the fat tyres take out some of the roughness of the roads and tracks with the advantage of being sure footed due to more rubber on the road.
This combination of motor and folding bike has impressed us well beyond our expectation, delivering a performance that outstrips virtually all legal crank motor large wheel e-bikes.
THE REAR PANNIER BAGS AND THE FRONT LUGGAGE TRUSS + OXFORD RACK ARE NOT STANDARD ON THIS BIKE BUT CAN BE PURCHASED AS EXTRAS FROM OUR LUGGAGE CARRYING EQUIPMENT SECTION. THE BIKE SHOWN IN RED HAS A REAR MOUNTED 10AH BATTERY, WE ALSO DO OPTIONS OF SMALL FRONT MOUNTED 4aH BATTERIES in VARIOUS BAGS WITH A CLICK ON/OFF BAG WITH INSTANT ELECTRICAL CONNECTION or CARRY A SPARE 4AH TO GIVE YOU 8 AH. THESE VARIATIONS ALTER THE PRICE OF THE BIKE, THE PRICE GIVEN IS FOR THE REAR MOUNTED 10AH BATTERY. If you wish to talk about the options, on this amazing and practical folding bike, please ring us on 01666 822330
- FRAME Aluminium 16" wheel folding.
- FORK Steel folding specific
- COLOUR Malbec Red or White
- HEADSET Semi integrated ahead type
- SPOKES Stainless
- TYRES Schwalbe Big Apple 16 x 2.00 Puncture resistant or On/Off road tyres with Slime added to the tubes.
- HANDLEPOST Radius Telescope, adjustable, forged aluminum
- H/BAR Folding specific
- GRIPS Biologic Ergonomic system, allen key fitting
- BRAKE LEVERS Aluminium Switched
- GEAR Sturmey Archer SRF3 Hub with Twist Control
- BRAKES Forged alloy 'v' type
- CRANKSET GSM Crank Drive
- BOTTOM BRACKET Integral with motor
- REAR SPROCKET 13T
- CHAIN KMC
- Clip system (for holding the folded bike together) Dahon Male/Female or Magnetix
- SADDLE Dahon comfort
- SEAT POST Folding specific Dahon Seat Pump (integral pump for tyre inflation)
- PEDALS VP Folding specific both sides fold
- MUDGUARDS SKS Black quality cromo plastic with Stainless fittings and Rubberised Flaps
- RACK with lockable Aluminium Battery housing
- WEIGHT 19.5Kg all inclusive weight (Battery removed approx 17Kg) with 10 ah battery. Lighter still with the smaller 4ah system.
- FOLDED SIZE 72cm (L)x 66cm (H)x 32cm (W) [Height can be reduced to 58cm (or 60cm with front bag mount installed) by sliding out the seatpost]
- ACCESSORIES Mudguards, Carrier, Stand, Light set (Front mounted Laptop Bag is NOT supplied as standard but can be ordered separately)
- Electric system 36V 250W mid - motor with 10AH Battery. Full LCD screen with all the normal cycle computer functions in addition to battery level and power settings.